As we celebrate America’s 250th anniversary of independence, we provide an overview of the push for freedom, and those who helped pave the way, which were many, but the actions Halifax, North Carolina, took, indeed holds significant historical importance in the United States' path to independence. The adoption of the Halifax Resolves on April 12, 1776, was a pivotal event that unified the American Colonies in their call for independence from Great Britain.
There is no better way to honor your family's heritage by memorializing their recipe by sharing it with the world. You can autograph the book, ensuring it will continue to be passed down for generations to come, honoring both yours and their legacies.
We need volunteers to help us spread the word about our organization and our mission. This includes creating and distributing flyers, reaching out to local media outlets, and connecting with other community organizations.
Galas Coordinators – Karen Vaughan and Kathy White
· Concerts Coordinator - Open Position
· Storytelling Coordinators – Kathy White and Karen Vaughan
· Drones/Fireworks and Military Flyover Logistics – Ken Wilson and Chuck Hasty
· America’s 250th Halifax Festivals Coordinators – Al Richardson, Holton Williams, and Muzette Fitts Kiger
· Tours Coordinator – Lori Medlin
· Funding/Fundraising Coordinators – Judy Barbee and Frankie King
· Marketing and Branding Coordinator – Lori Medlin
· Halifax County 250th Celebration Community Events Committee Coordinator – Lori Medlin
· Project’s Committee Liaisons – Frankie King and Carl Burke
· Churches and Cemeteries Committee Liaison - Open Position
· Events Calendar Coordinators – Lori Medlin and Christina Wells
· Roanoke River Merchants, Underground Railroad, and River House: Steve Green, Carl Burke, Jackie Ruffin-Pittman
· Historical Artifacts Displays - Carl Burke and Jeff Dickens
· Taste of America Cookbook Coordinator – Larry Perkins
Roanoke Rapids - Enfield - Halifax - Hobgood - Littleton - Scotland Neck - Weldon - Hollister - Tillery - Darlington
The America’s 250th Community Events Subcommittee will provide valuable input and play key roles in showcasing Halifax. Here are a few ways you can contribute:
Volunteers: In pursuit of this noble goal, we will seek assistance from each community. We will craft letters of invitations for those who are consideration of joining us in this historic endeavor, they reply to info@EnfieldAlliance.com.
Don't have time to volunteer? You can still support our organization by making a donation. Your contribution will help us continue our work and make a difference in our community.
We are honored and proud to feature Enfield Businesses and Community
Support Local Businesses